The Maryland State Department of Education has approved a one-day waiver for five elementary schools and one middle school, making the last day of classes for those students Thursday, June 13, 2019.
The waiver is necessary to allow staff to move materials and supplies to accommodate construction projects at the schools. The following schools received waivers:
- Arnold Elementary School (replacement project)
- Edgewater Elementary School (revitalization project)
- George Cromwell Elementary School (revitalization project)
- High Point Elementary School (modernization project)
- Jessup Elementary School (replacement project)
- Chesapeake Bay Middle School (open space enclosure project)
The last day of work for 191-day Unit I and Unit IV employees (classroom teachers, teaching assistants, technology support technicians, etc.) at all six schools remains Monday, June 17, 2019.