Eight high school juniors from across the county have been nominated to be the 2019-2020 Student Member of the Board of Education (SMOB) of Anne Arundel County, the Chesapeake Regional Association of Student Councils announced today.
- Rida Alvi, Annapolis High School
- Tyler Bailey, South River High School
- Holly Boggs, Chesapeake High School
- Alaysha Hazelwood, Glen Burnie High School
- Andrew Kittleson, Arundel High School
- Molly McQueeney, South River High School
- Charmi Patel, South River High School
- Rylee Smith, Annapolis High School
Nominees must submit completed application packets to the Office of Student Leadership by 4 p.m. pm March 7. They will be interviewed by a panel later this month, and the field will be narrowed to three finalists.
The finalists will take part in a debate on April 4, and CRASC members will vote for a candidate on April 11.
The candidate elected by the Chesapeake Regional Association of Student Councils will have his or her name forwarded to Governor Larry Hogan, who must make the appointment.
Anne Arundel County’s student member on the Board of Education is the only one in the nation on a local board who has full voting rights.