Maryland’s fifth largest school district, AACPS serves close to 80,000 students with 10,000 employees. To support the needs and achievement of all students, AACPS works with people and organizations around the world to integrate community engagement opportunities within each student’s education.
Improving the quality of public schools leads to greater economic development and a higher quality of life for everyone in the community, regardless of whether or not they have students in the public school system. Together, we can make education relevant for students and teachers, leaving Anne Arundel County better able to prepare our students to enter the workforce as responsible and productive citizens.
If you are interested in exploring a partnership with Anne Arundel County Public Schools, contact Chuck Yocum, Senior Manager for Business & Community Partnerships, at 410-227-2268 or email@example.com.
Join us to help our students and our schools become #AACPSAwesome!
Opportunities to Partner with Students
- Signature Programs at every AACPS high school that bring educators together with local business and community leaders to make classroom instruction relevant, interesting, and challenging;
- Internship, job shadow, and enclave training programs that expose students to career opportunities and provide on-the-job skills training;
- Community Challenge mentorships that allow students to serve as consultative Solution Teams to solve actual real-world challenges from local industry, government, or community organization clients;
- Arts Integration programs that bring Artists-in-Residence and Teaching Artists as co-teachers into the school.
- AVID Mentors to facilitate small groups of middle and high school students during AVID tutorials.
Other Ways to Partner
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and AACPS employees to better meet the needs of students and the community;
- Fundraising activities to support local elementary, middle, and high schools;
- Teacher Appreciation events to recognize and reward the work our teachers do each day to serve our students;
- AACPS Employee Discount Program to encourage teaches and employees to shop within the community;
- School-based community engagement events such as Family STEM Night where local STEM professionals join teachers and administrators to lead activities for K-12 families; and